Monday, May 16, 2011

DENIED

I apologize to all the readers, I know I should have been more timely in posting this, but I've been extremely angry these past few months and have not been able to put into words the hurt, anger, disappointment, rage, and the myriad of other feelings I have been having over the fact that Nathan's judge from his hearing 2 yrs. ago has denied Nathan the possibility of a new trial.  That's it.  It happened in January, I didn't find out about it until March, and it's taken me this long to even be able to write this much.  She had her mind already made up most likely before the hearing even began, but then had to make Nathan wait 2 FUCKING YEARS to make the ruling, just to give him false hope and let him sit there 2 MORE FUCKING YEARS and agonize.  What she is cannot even be described as human. 

Nathan is of course devastated, but Nathan being Nathan, he is holding up well.  I would like to ask that everyone out there rally around him and please send him your cards and letters.  His address is:

Nathan Ybanez
Inmate #102794
Unit 4
Sterling Correctional Institute
POB 6000
Sterling, CO 80751

I will write more when I am able.

1 comment:

  1. I think our best hope is the book that will be coming out in the fall, TROUBLEBOUND, about Nathan and Erik and the larger issue of juveniles serving life. It will expose just how corrupt our justice system is. Nathan and Erik are unfortunately just two examples. There will be a big p.r. campaign surrounding TROUBLEBOUND. www.realjuvenilejustice.com is the website and please, all, visit and get involved. If there's a pr campaign, what
    is the ultimate end game? What do we ask for? If we hope to free Erik and Nathan, that would be similar to Hunter Thompson's campaign with Lisl Auman. Helped Lisl but did nothing for the larger issue of felony murder. Where do we go from here? How do we take the justified anger and make it work for Nathan and all those serving life?
    How do we best take advantage of this forthcoming opportunity?
    The justice system is really rigged, but we won't give up.
    Mary Ellen Johnson, Pendulum Foundation

    ReplyDelete